xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] on global cross references and the link contract use case

Les, did you read the first of the four XDI requirements presented in the
GCS Delimiter proposal?

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriThree/GcsDelimiter#head-4d6c59f23b76cda5ab
39226f6c6158f87716be22

In short, XDI RDF statements are extremely precise. For example, +x and (+x)
are not the same XDI subject. The first is the absolute XDI subject "+x" in
the current XDI context, and the second is a cross-reference to that XDI
subject in a different XDI context (not the current XDI context).

+x, *(+x), and !(+x) are even more different. The first is an absolute XRI
identifying an XDI subject in the current context. The second is a relative
reassignable XRI identifying an XDI subject in a different context. The
third is a relative persistent XRI identifying an XDI subject in a different
context.

XDI RDF needs the precise semantics of all of these XRIs, and as explained
on the http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriThree/GcsDelimiter page, that
depends on each XRI not requiring any form of transformation to be used in
the context of another XRI. That's the key XDI requirement for the GCS
Delimiter proposal.

=Drummond