xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] RE: The use-mention distinction

Title: Re: [xdi] on global cross references and the link contract use case

Tossing out a few thoughts...
Am I correct that  =Drummond/$has/+friend means the instance =Drummond of the class of individuals (impl. by =) has at least one property value of the property +friend?

Also, am I correct that =Drummond/+friend is not a statement? For my purposes I would treat this as a query pointing to the results of the form =Drummond/+friend/XXX.

If =Drummond/$has/+friend is the same as =Drummond/+friend, then =Drummond/+friend/=Bill.Barnhill is the same as what? Would this be =Drummond/$has/+friend//$is/=Bill.Barnhill? If so, how do I know that $is shouldn't be a $has?

Thanks,
Bill

From: Chasen, Les
Sent: Mon 12/1/2008 2:18 PM
To: Drummond Reed; giovanni.bartolomeo@uniroma2.it; xdi@lists.oasis-open.org

I may be dense here but I just don’t see how the requirement “XDI RDF statements, which are all represented by XRIs, MUST NOT need to be changed in order to be combined into other XDI RDF statements”  means that we need to allow GCS delimited XRIs.

 Another thing that confuses me is that you are transforming =Drummond/$has/+friend into =Drummond+friend.  Why not leave it =Drummond/$has/+friend?    Similarly why doesn’t the transformation from =Drummond/$has/+friend to =Drummond*(+friend) work?

I am free at 5 (EST).  Wanna call me?