xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2008-12-12

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 12 December 2008 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:00PM Pacific Time (21:00-22:00 UTC)

ATTENDING

Giovanni Bartolomeo
Markus Sabadello
Mike Mell
Drummond Reed
John Bradley

REGRETS

Bill Barnhill (pneumonia!)

AGENDA

1) PROGRESS OF XRI TC DISCUSSIONS OF XRI 3.0 PROPOSALS

Drummond explained that the XRI TC is still discussing the XRI 3.0 syntax
proposals requested by the XDI TC. He is currently working with XRI TC
member Nick Nicholas on adding a new section explaining XDI RDF statements
to the end of the following page:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriThree/XrefWalkthrough

2) ADDRESSING OF XDI LITERALS

In the discussions of XDI RDF statements with the XRI TC, the question about
whether an XDI literal is part of the XRI address of the XDI RDF graph node
representing by the literal came up again. Markus sent an email to the list
on this topic:

	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/200812/msg00025.html

The current behavior implemented in XDI4J is that the address of the literal
is just subject/predicate. This has the property that you can use
$get$a$xsd$boolean to check whether the subject/predicate exists. In
addition, you can sent the literal, and confirm if a specific literal
exists.

We discussed whether a trailing slash should be required - the consensus was
no, as this keeps things simpler.

Lastly, we discussed that Bill's suggestion of the need to serialize all
literals is an XDI serialization option and not something that should affect
addressing.

3) PATH MATCHING AND XRI RESOLUTION

John pointed out that this is a topic the XDI TC needs to coordinate with
the XRI TC if we want an XDI client to be able to accurately and efficiently
resolve XDI addresses.

John suggested that we may be able to make a good case that the first
segment of an XRI path should be treated as the Type value when doing XRI
resolution. This could be overriden by providing an explicit Type parameter.

4) NEXT CALL

We will have one more call at the regular time next week before the holiday
break. The main topic will be discussing an outline of the first spec (XDI
RDF Graph Model).