xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2009-02-12

Dear Drummond,

Thanks for these detailed minutes. Let me check if I've understood correctly:
In this example, let us assume that +ball/+color/+ball+color is a
valid dictionary entry (class definition).
Let suppose +aBall/$is$a/+ball (i.e. +aBall is an instance of +ball).
Since +aBall inherits properties from +Ball, I can say
+aBall/+color/+red, which is an "instance level" predicate.
But I cannot say +aBall/+color/+ball+color (right?)
Main question: would +aBall/+color/+aBall+color make any sense?
Second question: how to know that +aBall is "an instance"? $is$a
might also mean "subclassOf", right?

Thanks (and sorry for being so obsessive on this topic, countless
nights spent on this :-(,

Giovanni