xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] quotes inside X3 literals

I am done with this. The examples "X3 Simple", "X3 Whitespace" and "X3 Standard" on http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/X3Format should now all validate at http://graceland.parityinc.net/xdi-validator/XDIValidator.

In the case of "X3 Simple" it's a bit hard to copy&paste the example, because it seems the wiki turns tabs into spaces, which makes it invalid, so one would have to manually convert spaces back into tabs.

Markus

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@cordance.net> wrote:

You’re right, Markus, the quotes need escaping. Thanks for fixing the wiki page (and the most excellent XDI Validator!)

=Drummond

From: markus.sabadello@gmail.com [mailto:markus.sabadello@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 10:00 AM
To: OASIS - XDI TC
Subject: [xdi] quotes inside X3 literals

Hello,

While looking at the XDI serialization wiki page:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/X3Format

..I noticed that sometimes there are " quotes inside XDI literals. I think we have gone over this topic a few times before, and the conclusion was that those quotes have to be escaped in X3 Simple, X3 Whitespace, X3 standard and I guess X3J as well.

So unless there are any concerns, I'll fix that on the wiki page (and make sure the examples work in the XDI Validator application).

Markus