xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Bill: question about cross-reference expansion

Yes if we could make a list of these basic "expansion" rules, then someone could write an application that takes an input graph and "expands" everything in it :)

Markus

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Barnhill, William [USA] <barnhill_william@bah.com> wrote:
Thanks Drummond. I'll post the email for my action item tonight, I think that should help. I'll also make sure +a+b is one of the expansion examples in the email.

Kind regards,

Bill Barnhill
Booz Allen Hamilton - Rome, NY
315-330-7386  | william.barnhill.ctr@rl.af.mil | barnhill_william@bah.com
From: drummond.reed@gmail.com [drummond.reed@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Drummond Reed [drummond.reed@xdi.org]
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 12:50 AM
To: OASIS - XDI TC

Bill, I was thinking about how this would work to "fully expand" all XDI addresses into "$ statements", i.e., into XDI statements consisting of all $words (plus the four GCS symbols and literals).

It's a cool idea, and for a one-segment statement like +a, it's easy.

+a

(+/a)

+/$has/a

It is also easy for (+a).

(+a)

$$/$has//+a

$$/$has//(+/a)

$$/$has//+/$has/a

But I got stuck trying to expand the statement +a+b.

+a+b

(+a/+b)

+a/$has/+b

(+/$has/a)/$has/(+/$has/b)

At this point I don't know how to get rid of the parentheses and still make it a valid XDI statement.

Ideas?

=Drummond