xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 2010-03-11

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 11 March 2010 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:00PM Pacific Time (21:00-22:00 UTC)

ATTENDING

Markus Sabadello

Giovanni Bartolomeo

Drummond Reed

REGRETS

Bill Barnhill

1) GENERAL UPDATE

We discussed updates from RSA and other activities since our last call. Drummond reported on the launch of Open Identity Exchange (OIX) whose website is now live at http://www.openidentityexchange.org/. This organization is focused on open identity trust frameworks that will work with multiple technical profiles, one of which he hopes will eventually be XDI.

Giovanni reported that he is continuing with his work on exploring XDI semantics. He still wants to follow up with Drummond about the concerns Drummond had about the proposed differences between composition and aggregation. Drummond agreed that he will work with Giovanni on this.

Markus reported that his XDI4J utilities have been moved to a new location. He also said he has added write (not yet read) support for the proposed new X3J (for JSON) serialization format to his XDI Converter utility.

2) X3J (X3 FOR JSON) SERIALIZATION FORMAT DISCUSSION

Markus sent a link to the newest version of his XDI Converter:

            http://higgins.eclipse.org/xdi-converter/XDIConverter

We reviewed the new X3J output format that Markus created according to the mapping of XDI subjects/predicates/objects to JSON constructs developed on our last call. It looks very clean and elegant.

Markus would like to get further feedback before doing an input filter.

# ACTION: Bill to review this format as Markus has implemented it and send any feedback to the list.

We discussed whether X3 Standard or X3J should become the standard format. Markus suggested that best option might be for the XDI Serialization specification to mandate that conforming XDI servers support both – that way we don't have to choose.

3) NEXT CALL

Due to travel, there will be no call next week; the next call will be in two weeks.