xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Realizations about $has statements

#1 FULLY COLLAPSED

#2 ALL BUT LAST SUBSEGMENT COLLAPSED

#3 FULLY EXPANDED

                        =example+email$1

=example+work+email

            $is

                        =example+email$1

            $value

                        example@example.com

***********
I propose we make the task of analyzing and comparing these three options the main topic of tomorrow's telecon. Talk to you then,

=Drummond

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 5:46 AM, Giovanni Bartolomeo <giovanni.bartolomeo@uniroma2.it> wrote:
Hello Markus and Drummond,

I would propose the following:

=example
           $is$a
                       +person
=example+email
            $1
                       ?person@example.com?

=example+email is the set of emails belonging to =example, $1 is the accessor for ?person@example.com?. It is easy to find =example+email$1 solving one by one the subsegments from left to right. And this is unambiguous, assumed that $has is left associative. What do you think?

Kind Regards,
Giovanni

Def. Quota "Markus Sabadello" <markus.sabadello@xdi.org>:

So the point is that in a PDS you want to do this, right?

=example
          $is$a
                      +person
          +email$1
                      ?person@example.com?
=example$1
          $is$a
                      +home+person
          +home+email
                      =example+email$1

Not really sure how well it would work in practice.. If there were more
subsegments than just =example and +email$1, how would I know where to break
them up into their "subject" and "predicate" parts in order to follow the
reference and find the literal value?

I.e. in the above example, how do I know I have to look for subject =example
and then for predicate +email$1, rather than for subject =example+email and
then for predicate $1 ?

Markus