xdi message

Subject: $set

In the recently uploaded "XDI Basic Concepts V2" doc I can see the following list of XDI operations:
$get
$add
$mod
$del
$push
$do

I want to mention that although we haven't talked about it in a long time, a while ago I proposed an additional operation called $set (which is currently implemented in my code).

The problem is that a message like the following:

=markus
   $add
      /
         =markus
            +name
               "Markus Sabadello"

... will fail if there's already a literal on the +name predicate.

And a message like the following:

=markus
   $mod
      /
         =markus
            +name
               "Markus Sabadello"

... will fail if there is no =markus subject or no +name predicate.

So I came up with $set that will either add a new statement or modify an existing statement.

Not sure, is it too confusing to have $add AND $mod AND $set?
Do people see a better way to solve the above, e.g. change the current behavior of $add or $mod ?

Markus