xdi message

Subject: thoughts for XDI retreat

Okay so I think the main focus should be to really make DECISIONS that last.
Because as more and more projects depend on XDI, it will be increasingly costly to modify aspects of XDI.

Here are some concrete items we should do:
- Decide whether or not to have typed literals, if yes what are the types and what implications does that have on XDI messaging and serialization formats
- Decide on definitive X3J format, decide what formats should be mandatory, supported, recommended etc.
- Very important: Decide on format and processing rules for link contracts, authentication methods and link contract signatures
- Talk a bit about a few common XDI patterns for VRM and social networking use cases, e.g. address book, status updates, photo gallery, etc.

Whatever we decide, stick with it :)

I could do some tutorials on XDI4j if enough people are interested in that.

Markus