xdi message

Subject: Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2010-07-29

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 29  July 2010 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:00PM Pacific Time (21:00-22:00 UTC)

PLEASE DIAL ONE OF THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS:

1) Skype Number: +9900827047990866
(this will connect you directly to the conference room)
{Bill is not able to join Skype chat from current work location}

2) US/Canada Toll Number: +1-201-793-9022  7990866#

3) International Toll Number (follow this with the Conference Room Number:
7990866#)
Austria (0820 401 15470)
Belgium (0703 57 134)
France (0826 109 071)
Germany (0180 500 9527)
Ireland (0818 270 968)
Spain (902 885 791)
Switzerland (0848 560 397)
United Kingdom/Northern Ireland (0870 0990 931)

AGENDA

NOTE: THE IDEARPAD LINK FOR TODAY IS:

     http://xdi.idearpad.org/6

The password is:

     turtle

Please try to preface each of your comments with your name so the transcription into the minutes is easier.
(Note: the link to last week is http://xdi.idearpad.org/5 - password was "turtle".)

NOTE: DUE TO ACTIVITIES AT BURTON CATALYST, DRUMMOND MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THIS CALL (HE WILL TRY HIS BEST).

1) TOPIC PRIORITY PLANNING FOR XDI RETREAT

Our top priority is to determine and prioritize the topic list for the XDI Retreat at Whistler, B.C. Aug 12-16.

2) LINK CONTRACTS

First, Markus raised the following questions on the list several weeks ago:

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201001/msg00010.html

- If link contracts are enabled at an XDI endpoint and no link contracts exists, what is the "default" behavior? Allow nothing? Allow only $get?
- Can an XDI endpoint have a special notion of the XDI endpoint "belonging" to a user?
- Is yes, does that user automatically have "full rights" to the XDI endpoint outside of normal link contract evaluation?
- As an alternative to signing XDI messages with a key, can an XDI message contain a user's password for authentication?

Second, Markus posed another excellent set of questions this week around link contract processing:

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201006/msg00048.html

We need to discuss these as well.

3) PDX EXAMPLE APPS WIKI PAGE

This page was posted at Joe Johnston's request:

     http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/PdxExampleApps

We'll talk about what we plan to do with it.

4) QUESTIONS AROUND $IS SEMANTICS

We did not close week before last week on whether we need an additional $word that is the equivalent of Higgins Personal Data Model (PDM) semantics of h:correlation, which is not as strong as $is.

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201006/msg00036.html

5) COMPATIBILITY WITH COOL URIS

Continue previous discussion about the use of standard RDF URIs in XDI:

 http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201006/msg00023.html

6) XDI ACCESS CONTROL QUESTIONS

Markus sent a proposal for how OAuth access tokens could be used with XDI:

 http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201006/msg00021.html

Review and see how TC members feel about this approach.

7)  XDI JSON SCHEMA

Check on current status:

 http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201006/msg00022.html

Review and discuss next steps.

Update: Currently fixing a couple bugs so that the schema validates against the JSON meta-schema. I've also written a node.js X3J validation service that I'll be committing to github, which is what I am using to validate PDX X3J example.

8) NEW BUSINESS
XDI Camp - Bill is pursuing funding to go, Drummond is definitely going, who else is going or may be going?

9) NEXT CALL