xdi message

Subject: Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2:30PM PT 2011-02-10

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 10 February 2011 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:30PM Pacific Time (21:00-22:30 UTC)

PLEASE DIAL ONE OF THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS:

1) Skype Number: +9900827047990866
(this will connect you directly to the conference room)

2) US/Canada Toll Number: +1-201-793-9022  7990866#

3) International Toll Number (follow this with the Conference Room Number:
7990866#)
Austria (0820 401 15470)
Belgium (0703 57 134)
France (0826 109 071)
Germany (0180 500 9527)
Ireland (0818 270 968)
Spain (902 885 791)
Switzerland (0848 560 397)
United Kingdom/Northern Ireland (0870 0990 931)

THE GOTOMEETING FOR TODAY IS:
     https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/969244355

THE IDEARPAD LINK FOR TODAY IS:
     http://xdi.idearpad.org/22

Please try to preface each of your comments with your name so the
transcription into the minutes is easier.

AGENDA

1) NEW DOCUMENTS: XDI GRAPH PATTERNS AND XDI GRAPH MODEL

As promised, Drummond has uploaded documents that illustrate the full set of basic patterns using the XDI graph model as explained in Giovanni's last document. The first is a set of visual graph diagrams showing the patterns for simple properties, complex properties, simple subjects, complex subjects, link contracts, and messages.

  PDF: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41091/xdi-graph-patterns-2011-02-09.pdf
  PPTX: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41090/xdi-graph-patterns-2011-02-09.pptx

The second is an update to what used to be the XDI RDF Model document, now just titled the XDI Graph Model, that includes the metagraph symbol vocabulary:

  PDF: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41089/xdi-graph-model-2011-02-09.pdf
  DOC: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41088/xdi-graph-model-2011-02-09.doc

There is a ton of new documentation here, so we will need most of the call to review it together.

2) TINY BUT IMPORTANT REVISION TO THE JSON SERIALIZATION FORMAT

In doing the documentation above, Drummond realized that the metagraph symbol () should have been used instead of $ for serializing subcontexts in the JSON serialization format. Originally it looked like either $ or () could have been used, and $ seemed to make more sense. However as the semantics of the metagraph symbols are becoming more rigourously defined, it is now clear that () is not only semantically accurate but and solves one key semantic problem we would have had with using $. We'll discuss on the call to make sure there is consensus on this.

3) NEXT CALL

The next call is next week at the regular time.

------------
ONGOING ISSUES LIST

Each of these is a candidate for the agenda for future calls.

* PROPOSED CONSTRUCTS/OPERATORS FOR XDI

Discuss the following wiki page originally posted by Giovanni:

  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiNewFoundation

* DICTIONARY STRUCTURE

Mike would like an example of the PDX dictionary as soon as we can do it.

*   EQUIVALENCE SEMANTICS

Close on whether we need an additional $ word that is the equivalent
of Higgins Personal Data Model (PDM)  semantics   of h:correlation,
which is not as strong as $is.

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201006/msg00036.html

* COOL URIS

Continue previous discussion about the use of standard RDF URIs in XDI:

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201006/msg00023.html