xdi message

Subject: Re: Scott: OASIS XDI TC Request for invited expert

Scott,

Thanks so much for getting back to us on this, and the pointer to the policy.

We look forward to Laurent's decision.

All the best,

=Drummond

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org> wrote:
Hi Drummond,

the process is detailed at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php#fee-waivedgrants

Giovanni has already submitted his Membership Application, I'll ping
Laurent for approval to waive the fee.  He s on vacation, so this
might take another week-plus.  Meanwhile Giovanni's membership is
active.

Scott...

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@xdi.org> wrote:
> Scott,
>
> It's been a week and we haven't seen any reply from OASIS to the email below
> from Bill and I. We need to know the decision on this as it's vital to
> continuing Giovanni's work on the TC.
>
> We look forward to hearing back from you.
>
> Best,
>
> =Drummond
>
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@xdi.org> wrote:
>>
>> Scott,
>>
>> I strongly agree with Bill. Giovanni is one of the most active and
>> treasured members of the TC. What would we need to do to submit such a
>> request?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> =Drummond
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Barnhill, William [USA]
>> <barnhill_william@bah.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Scott,
>>>
>>> I hope you are doing well. Giovanni is a key member of our TC and the two
>>> of us have been the working well together to provide several of the semantic
>>> aspects and RDF tie-ins to XDI.  Unfortunately his University is not
>>> continuing their membership due to financial reasons. I seem to remember
>>> something about a very limited number of OASIS sponsored individual
>>> memberships for invited experts.  If that is still the case I'd be happy to
>>> submit a request as TC co-chair that Giovanni be given one of those
>>> sponsorships. I suspect Drummond would agree.
>>>

>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Bill Barnhill
>>> Booz Allen Hamilton

Scott McGrath
Senior Director of Member Services and COO
scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org

NEW:
Tel +1 781-425-5073 x202
Fax +1 781-425-5072