xdi message

Subject: Re: Scott: tag team on the PDF problem again

I've fixed the three documents in question.

As for long term problems- the upgraded work-group application which
will fix this problem, is currently scheduled for August.  Not quite
September, but not today either. But, a short-term workaround may be
available to you.

The problem you are experiencing is a fairly isolated one, that few
other members have experienced. As best as we've determined, it is the
result of the work-group application seeing your upload as a text/html
file and not reading into the header to see it is a pdf (that is how
the upgraded work-group will solve the problem)  Meanwhile you will
continue to experience the problem with your current combination of
browser, browser settings and what ever magic is causing your desktop
to send the file with the incorrect mime type.  So your short-term fix
is to correct those magic settings (that I know nothing about) or ask
someone else to do the upload, assuming they are magically configured
in a way that works with the current work-group application.  Notice I
didn't say this was a good work-around ;-)

Or, continue to alert staff and we'll fix the mime type on the
uploaded file.  Sorry I don't have a better answer,

Scott...

--
Scott McGrath
COO