xdi message

Subject: owl:inverseOf, owl:ObjectProperty, owl:DatatypeProperty

This might be useful to define the semantics of our $word

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#inverseOf-def

in particular, one could assume that, in XDI, $inv<someproperty> is a
shortcut for this:

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="$inv<someproperty>">
   <owl:inverseOf rdf:resource="<someproperty>"/>
</owl:ObjectProperty>

Likewise in OWL one can distinguish between owl:ObjectProperty and
owl:DatatypeProperty, which is roughly the same as not having or
having ! at the end of an XDI predicate, i.e. the range of the
predicate is an object or a datatype:

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="+age"/>
<owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:ID="+age!"/>

So XDI should be more OWL (DL) oriented than "pure" RDF oriented...

Giovanni

> 4) MOVING FROM METAGRAPH SYMBOLS TO METAGRAPH WORDS
>
> See Drummond's email to the list and subsequent discussion:
>
>   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201106/msg00029.html
>
> Drummond summarized last week's discussion, and said that is really
> becomes an aesthetic decision by the TC, since $ ==>$is, * ==> $has,
> and ! ==> $a are functionality identical.
>
> Bill said that he is in favor of moving back to metagraph words for
> these symbols, but feels we should have separate $words for
> equivalence and inversion.
>
> Giovanni pointed out that even though RDF does not have an
> algorithmic way to express inversion, Linked Data does suggest that
> nodes that are linked also include the inverse link so that you can
> discover the relationship in both directions.
>
> Note that by itself, adopting a separate $word for inversion is not
> a solution to the RDF incompability issue.
>
> # ALL - Send your stack-ranked choice for a new $word for asserting
> inversion as an email to the list before next week's call.

Invito da parte dell'Ateneo:
Il tuo futuro e quello della Ricerca Scientifica hanno bisogno del
tuo aiuto. Dona il  5 x mille all'Universita' di Roma Tor Vergata
codice fiscale: 80213750583 http://5x1000.uniroma2.it