xdi message

Subject: More on Search Filters / Scope ...

XDI TC:

At OX, we are finding that it can be hard to get just the information you need.

For example, let's say the graph for =schwartz is 2GB. Somewhere in my graph, there is a reference to "important-email". How can I search my graph to find this information? There is no way to specify filters. Also, I still think scope is a nagging issue. Let's say I just want to find out the names of the contexts I have under =schwartz*messages. How can I do that? If I do a $get on =schwartz*messages, I'll get back the entire subtree.

I think these issues are going to be really important as we compete with SQL and LDAP, where you can express complex filters and conditions.

- Mike