xdi message

Subject: Proposal for $scope and $follow

I think the $scope is needed to indicate the depth of the search. I suggest $scope to keep it consistent with LDAP:
  <sender>-<msg-id>/$get/<XRI>
  <sender>-<msg-id>/$scope/8

The server could overide the client request, for example allowing a max scope of 1. A server could also be configured to not support $scope, in which case an error could be returned for the $get request.

Another question is how to follow the relational arcs?

One option is for the server to return the URIs of any relational arcs, and the client can make a seperate request for the respective graphs.

Or perhaps we should add a new XDI message statement that enables the client to request that the server sends $get messages to the respective graphs to assemble the full data set? The $scope could be decremented to reflect the current level of the search result.

Another question is who would be the SENDER of the message from the server triggered as a result of the $follow? And therefore, should the server send the token of the requestor, or the token of the owner of the graph?

We could use the object portion of the $follow message to allow the client to send its preferences to the server about what creds to use. I don't know if "mine", "yours" or "any" are the best key words, or if these would need to be reserved dollar words, but an example use could be:
  <sender>-<msg-id>/$get/<XRI>
  <sender>-<msg-id>/$follow/$mine
  <sender>-<msg-id>/$scope/5

Thoughts?