xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] proposal for binary data literal node

1. Could you have BOTH a binary and a non-binary literal in a context? I.e. have a ! arc and a !! arc.
If not, will the server throw an error if you already have one literal and try to add the other one?

2. In your example, wouldn't the XRI actually be @!1111*logo/!! instead of @!1111*logo!!  ?

3. Something is bothering me about the fact that !! is two subsegments. I am worried it will result in ambiguity in one way or the other.

4. I don't understand why you can't load the metadata together with the literal, to figure out whether it is binary or not.
Wasn't this the whole point of what Drummond called "literal contexts"?

Markus