xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2012-03-16

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 24 February 2012 USA
Time:  9:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)

ATTENDING

Joseph Boyle
Mike Schwartz
Giovanni Bartolomeo
Drummond Reed
Markus Sabadello

GUESTS

Yuriy Zabrovarnyy
Kari Lippert

THE GOTOMEETING FOR TODAY IS:
     https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/969244355

THE ETHERPAD LINK FOR TODAY IS:
     http://piratepad.net/wRlDJk9AwG

1) OPEN SOURCE PROJECT UPDATES

Mike reported that the OpenXDI Project has split OxGraph and OxServer into two separate projects. Mike showed a demo of the XDI messaging utility that now has a "view as graph" button sends the statements from the last message to OxGraph so it can render it. This is the first time the full cycle of XDI messages and corresponding graphs has been shown in OpenXDI.

Drummond reported that Phil Windley and the Kynetx team is planning to use the OpenXDI Project for their work integrating XDI into a KRL server.

2) UPDATED XDI GRAPH PATTERNS & STATEMENTS DOCUMENTS

Drummond uploaded new versions with feedback from a 3-day XDI intensive he just completed.

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/45447/xdi-graph-patterns-2012-03-15.pdf
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/45449/xdi-statements-for-xdi-graph-patterns-2012-03-15.pdf

Summary of changes:

3) XDI QUERY LANGUAGE AND PROPOSAL FOR XDI PATH BASED ON JSON PATH

Drummond reported that at the meetings he attended, Craig Burton suggested basing the query language on JSON Path (which in turn is based on XML Path) as a model for how a client can be queried.

  http://goessner.net/articles/JsonPath/

The feedback was that while path-based query might be a good starting point, we need to look at our fundamental requirements. Mike pointed to the wiki page where he had started listing these:

  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/betterGet

Reviewing the idea for $filter, the question was raised if you were to implement this, would you want to be able to specify whether the filter in question was with regard to the data or the arc name.

Mike proposed a sample Message:

@!1111$msg!e12ae4ad-6b23-4ad7-a804-edb538797d15/$()/(@!1111)
@!1111$msg!e12ae4ad-6b23-4ad7-a804-edb538797d15/$d!/(data:,2012-03-16T16:45:06.786Z)
@!1111$msg!e12ae4ad-6b23-4ad7-a804-edb538797d15/$do/$self$do
@!1111$msg!e12ae4ad-6b23-4ad7-a804-edb538797d15/{JWT-0.6}$token!/(data:,Z5ZCqCtS8Lv7ZGSKSZQ)
@!1111$msg!e12ae4ad-6b23-4ad7-a804-edb538797d15$do/$get/@!1111

This is a get for the graph of @!1111.

Mike asked:

It was agreed we need to write up the different use cases for what kinds of queries we need to perform.

# MIKE to add use cases and examples to the XDI TC wiki page.

4) NEXT CALL

The next call is next week at the regular time (Friday 9AM Pacific Time).