xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Friday 9:00-10:30AM PT 2012-03-30

TC:

1) Drummond's new graph patterns suggests that relational arcs can no longer point to literal nodes. This is a fundamental change to the rules of the graph that needs to be fully discussed by the TC.

2) The document also suggests that XDI statements can use "relative" references. For example... previously an XDI statement would look like this:
   =!1111+home/$is/=!1111$!1

Note how the target XRI is the full XRI address. Now Drummond is suggesting that XDI statements could use a shortcut for the target.
   =!1111+home/$is/$!1

Both of the above suggestions would setback the OX project month(s), and the benefit of changing these rules seems limited. Drummod has says that these changes are needed to support dictionaries. I would suggest that we make sure the dictionary solution use the graph model we currently have unless absolutely necessary.

Can we push discussion of #1,#2,#3 in the agenda below to email communication and focus on the above?

- Mike

Michael Schwartz
Gluu
Founder / CEO