xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2012-04-13

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 13 April 2012 USA
Time:  9:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)

ATTENDING

Joseph Boyle
Mike Schwartz
Drummond Reed
Markus Sabadello
Giovanni Bartolomeo

REGRETS

Bill Barnhill

GUESTS

Kari Lippert

THE ETHERPAD LINK FOR TODAY IS:
     http://xdi.idearpad.com/60

1) IDTRUST BUDGET PROPOSAL

Markus said there was no update yet.

  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/IdTrustProposal

2) SPEC REPOSITORY REPORT

Bill Barnhill was not able to make the call.

3) OPEN SOURCE PROJECT UPDATES

Mike reported that OpenXDI began work on a test tool. Mike sent Yuriy's proposal for these tests to the list. The tests will require that the server being tested support the $add operation. It will do both positive and negative tests. This should address questions about whether certain features are supported or not.

There was consensus that a uniform test suite would be an excellent tool for interop. Each test should correspond to a specification requirement.

Markus is still working on the Freedom box demo.

There was discussion about how XRI registry services will evolve to become XDI compatible.

Markus mentioned the idea of setting up an XDI proxy server.

4) UPDATED VERSIONS OF XDI GRAPH PROPOSAL DOCS

Drummond uploaded new versions of all 3 base docs. He included PDFs (first) and source (second) are included for all 3 docs:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/45712/xdi-graph-patterns-2012-04-12.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/45711/xdi-graph-patterns-2012-04-12.pptx
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/45709/xdi-graph-statements-2012-04-12.xlsx
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/45710/xdi-graph-statements-2012-04-12.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/45707/xdi-graph-model-2012-04-12.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/45708/xdi-graph-model-2012-04-12.pdf

Most of the changes were to add new explanatory material per the suggestions on last week's call, including a page explaining the multiplicity syntax in plain English. The only substantial addition was the first XDI Dictionary graph example. Drummond noted that additional XDI dictionary graph examples will be needed.

He also said that since there are several new graphs and accompanying graph statements, he has already spotted a few human errors, and will upload fixes as soon as feasible given his international travel the next two weeks.

5) XDI QUERY

We did not have time to discuss this but Mike will prepare a proposal for the next call.

6) ORDERING

We noted the open issue of whether or not we need both unique- and non-unique ordering?

7) GEOCODING

Drummond mentioned that this was a use case both Kari and Jim Fournier required, so we should start thinking about it.

8) NEXT CALL

The next call is next week at the regular time. Note that Drummond and Markus will be at the European Identity Conference so it may be a little difficult for them to get hooked up.