xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2012-04-27

I would think that link contract evaluation is very important. It allows service partners to get access to specific data based on permissions, right? I also see it as a way of ensuring that my health devices play nice as they push data into the phone.

Still - initially the most important part is just having XDI representation of the data. This will help the phone sync cleanly with the server components. And because I want to test the concept with as little initial effort, I think a BDB implementation makes the most amount of sense...

On 2012-04-28 16:43, Michael Schwartz wrote:
In any case, adding another backend store to either OpenXDI or XDI² should
not require much work I think.

If you implement both positive and negative tests for this list of features: http://ox.gluu.org/doku.php?id=oxserver:listoffeatures&s[]=features

I assure you, it will take quite some time... Perhaps you don't need
link contract evaluation in your Android XDI server? After you decide
what persistence backend is best, then I think you need to figure out
what operations and features will you implement, and then depending on
your choice there, you can figure out how long it will take.

Regarding BDB... remember it supports transactions.

- Mike

--
Cameron Hunt
Director, bitWorld