xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] $onelevel versus $depth$1

We should either have $onelevel or $depth$x. If we have both constructs, that will confuse people.

And my feeling is that it's better to have the more generic one rather than introducing an artificial limit.
From an implementation perspective, I don't think it's any harder to implement $depth$4 than it is to implement $depth$1.
It worked well in Higgins, and I remember we actually did have a use case at some point for returning 2 levels in a single roundtrip.

What do others think?

Markus