xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] A question on semantics

Ok, thanks Markus.

Here is slightly different one. What is the difference between (1) and (2):

(1) =alice +friend =bob

(2a) =alice () +friend
(2b) =alice+friend () =bob

Also, given what you said about $is, I am wondering what current convention is for denoting antonym (“is not”).

I seem to recall a push to use $is$a for that, which I was always against because it did not seem to make sense from an English perspective.

Is is current convention to use $is$a, $is$not, or something else entirely?

Kind regards,

Bill Barnhill

Booz Allen Hamilton - Belcamp,MD

1-443-924-0824| barnhill_william@bah.com