xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Your statement about XDI for PDJ

Markus,

I love the page you added at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiPdecArticle

Here's my feature quote that I just added there:

"My single favorite XDI feature is link contracts. Few people understand how hard the problem of portable permissions is, i.e., how an authority for a set of data can create a set of permissions on that data that can be understood by anyone else, even when the data is moved from one service provider to another. The XDI globally addressable graph model for data is what makes link contracts possible, and it is the combination of global addressability and controllability that will finally bring us true data portability."

=Drummond