xdi message

Subject: one question about

Drummond and others,

If I put the following into the XDI Converter and try to convert to JSON:

@!9999!8888$msg$(!1234)$do/$add/(()/()/=markus)
@!9999!8888$msg$(!1234)$do/$add/(=markus/+friend/=animesh)

Should the output be this?

{"@!9999!8888$msg$(!1234)$do/$add": [{
 "()/()": ["=markus"],
 "=markus/+friend": ["=animesh"]
}]}

or should it be this?

{"@!9999!8888$msg$(!1234)$do/$add": [{
"=markus/+friend": ["=animesh"]
}]}

Or are both valid conversions? Or does it depend on the "contexts" parameter?

If both outputs are valid, that would imply that both represent the same graph, which however does not seem very intuitive in the XDI DISPLAY format.

Prashant, Pankaj and I ran into this while updating the XDI/JSON implementation.

This issue reminds me of a new idea involving () arcs and inner graphs that you mentioned to me, perhaps it's time to explore this further...?

Markus