xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2012-10-05

Bill and others,

Like we agreed, I added examples to the Multiplicity/Discussion page using the currently proposed syntax:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiMultiplicity/Discussion

Markus

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@xdi.org> wrote:
Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 05 October 2012 USA
Time:  9:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)

ATTENDING

Bill Barnhill
Giovanni Bartolomeo
Joseph Boyle
Markus Sabadello
Les Chasen
Drummond Reed

THE ETHERPAD LINK FOR TODAY IS:
     http://piratepad.ca/1nFHRXRp6o

***** PRESENTATIONS *****

--- XDI CONNECTOR EXAMPLE

Markus gave a demonstration of an example XDI connector that the XDI2 open source project team has built for the Personal.com API. The demo included use of an XDI dictionary (see below) that defines the mapping between native XDI dictionary definitions and data elements defined by the Personal.com API. This dictionary mapping capability makes it much easier for code modules to be written (in any language) that can perform the connector functionality and render data from the API for a native data source into XDI.

Alex Levin of Personal.com was not able to attend; Markus will do a separate demo for him soon.

***** DECISION POINTS FOR THIS CALL *****

--- MULTIPLICITY (DRUMMOND)

   https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiMultiplicity
   https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiMultiplicity/Discussion

Even though it is in Last Call, Bill has several points he wants to go over. He's added a number of examples to the Discussion page.

# MARKUS AND DRUMMOND volunteered to write up the same six examples Bill asks about on the Discussion page using the current Multiplicity proposal.

--- XDI MESSAGING PATTERNS (MARKUS)

   https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiMessagePatterns

We did not have time to discuss this on this call.

--- XDI DICTIONARY DISCUSSION

We discussed the dictionary format shown in the following spreadsheet based on the example dictionary patterns in the XDI Graph Patterns document.

  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atjr1ktUJEjodDdHeXFVWGxDSlpMeXRYeldZQTBTSnc

It was agreed that our next step should be a formal dictionary proposal.

# DRUMMOND to begin work on doing a formal proposal for this syntax.

***** DECISION POINT QUEUE REVIEW *****

The decision queue stack is now shown on the following three auto-generated Category pages:

   https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryLastCall
   https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryCurrent
   https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryHighPriority

We agreed the current priority list should be:
  • Multiplicity closure
  • Move XdiDictionary to a formal proposal stage
  • Continue pushing through the open issues on XdiMessagingPatterns

***** NEXT CALL *****

The next call is next week at the regular time.