xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2012-10-12

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 12 October 2012 USA
Time:  9:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)

ATTENDING

Markus Sabadello
Giovanni Bartolomeo
Les Chasen
Joseph Boyle
Drummond Reed
Phil Windley

REGRETS

Bill Barnhill

THE ETHERPAD LINK FOR TODAY IS:
     http://piratepad.ca/Ur8QCujCAm

***** NEWS & UPDATES *****

--- PREP FOR UPCOMING INTERNET IDENTITY WORKSHOP

We'll discuss XDI-related sessions we are planning.

***** PRESENTATIONS *****

None scheduled.

***** DECISION POINTS FOR THIS CALL *****

This week's decision queue is the following set of proposals:

--- MULTIPLICITY (DRUMMOND)

   https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiMultiplicity
   https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiMultiplicity/Discussion

We are still closing the loop with Bill, who was not able to attend today's call. Markus and Drummond will try to have a dedicated call with him next week.

--- XDI MESSAGING PATTERNS (MARKUS)

   https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiMessagePatterns

This is the formal proposal for the structure of XDI messages that we have long been using this wiki page to document.

Open issues that we discussed today:

Discussion of ABNF lines required

Note that if a client does not know the link contract (fourth line), it can use the well-known public link contract ($public$do).

Discussion of message and operation ordering:

***** DECISION POINT QUEUE REVIEW *****

No change - the priority is still to completely close on Multiplicity, and then on Message Patterns, followed by each Message Operation.

***** NEXT CALL *****

The next call is next week at the regular time.