xdi message

Subject: RE: [External] [xdi] Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2012-11-09

To clarify on my previous email, regarding these use cases:

Markus explained that there are actually 3 different use cases from the client perspective:

·         Requesting that the server follow $is statements and return them in the response ("transparent" or "expanded" responses)

·         Requesting that the server follow $is statements but not return them in the response ("opaque" or "compressed" responses)

·         Requesting that the server not process any $is statements ("no-follow" responses)

I support making the transparent/expanded as the only use case by adding a second verb $id.  $id maps an i-name to a i-number.  The  subject is the same type as the subject of $is, but the object, an i-number, is not a specialization of an i-name. Therefore I don’t think we should use an extension of $is for this, but should use a second verb.

This does mean that there are two sets of properties.  One is on the i-name which is specific to the persona associated with that i-name. The other is on the i-number that i-name maps to, and is common across all the personas associated with that entity.  Since they are two different verbs a link contract can easily control access differently, but does not have to.

Kind regards,

Bill Barnhill

Booz Allen Hamilton - Belcamp,MD

barnhill_william@bah.com