xdi message

Subject: RE: [External] Re: [xdi] Fwd: Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Friday 9:00 - 10:30AM PT 2012-12-14

I am on client site, so will not be able to attend.   I like the new revised proposal using the $ref and $is, but I do wish our proposals were smaller in scope.  It is like we are trying to write a chapter of the document and call it a proposal.  To my mind a proposal must address no more than 6 normative constraints (MUST, MUST NOT, etc.).  Based on that each section in this proposal would be its own proposal.   This smaller proposal size means proposals can be debated quickly, and there is less likelihood of 'I agree with this section, but not that section', etc. It also means proposals are less likely to be changed once accepted.

Kind regards,

Bill Barnhill
Booz Allen Hamilton - Belcamp,MD
barnhill_william@bah.com
Cell: 1-443-924-0824
Desk: 1-443-861-9102

-----Original Message-----
From: xdi@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xdi@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Giovanni Bartolomeo
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 6:17 AM
To: Drummond Reed; OASIS - XDI TC

Not sure to be able to join in time (the new time is creating more problems than expected :( - however, just want to point out this paper you might find interesting for this discussion:

http://iswc2010.semanticweb.org/pdf/261.pdf

it definitely shows that the equivalence mining problem is not trivial at all...

Best Regards,
Giovanni