xdi message

Subject: Re: Mapping arbitrary JSON to XDI

Markus, this is another awesome utility. Automatic JSON --> XDI mapping.

In looking through the examples I realize it works because:
  1. All JSON object key values are valid XRIs.
  2. In collections with multiple members, the members can be identified with UUIDs.
On that latter point, the mapping isn't persistent, i.e., each time you do the conversion you'll get a different UUID. So I think you might want to put this UUID value into a special context such as $temp or $rand to each of them so that an XDI processor knows it is not an i-number that it can expect to produce a persistent mapping.

This same approach, BTW, is what I was thinking for how to map RDF into XDI. That should be pretty easy for the same reason. It's going the other way (XDI --> RDF) that will be more challenging (but should be doable once we map out all the rules).

=Drummond