xdi message

Subject: Internet of Things and XDI

This article has coverage of the Le Web conference that just focused on the Internet of Things. I

   http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/12/09/the-future-of-the-internet-of-things/

t includes this quote from Amber Case, a cyborg anthropologist and director of the Esri Research & Development Centre.

Right now we have this kind of Tower of Babel of different data types. All these different platforms, databases and APIs that don’t speak the same language. There’s no common protocol, there’s no way for the devices to talk to each other. What we really need is a kind of protocol for all these devices that would do what sms did for phones. Really this is what is holding back the Internet of Things.

Wow, what a concept, eh?

=Drummond