xdi message

Subject: Re: [External] [xdi] Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Friday 9:00 - 10:30AM PT 2013-01-18

Hello Bill,

I just worked a bit on the "Variable Support" section of the AddOperation proposal:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/AddOperation

Please let me know if it makes more sense now, I also updated the example.

Basically the idea is that you want to create a new context, but let the server choose the XRI subsegment of that new context.

Right now the proposal says that "the pattern according to which XRI subsegments are chosen is not specified".
We might want to change that and specify a pattern that must be used, e.g. GUIDs.

I think this variable support will be most useful when you want to add entity or attribute members to a collection (multiplicity).
In this case, you as a client don't really care about the XRI subsegment, you just need one in order to be able to add the member.

Markus