xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] New approach to simple XDI HTTP/S REST API

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Markus Sabadello <markus.sabadello@xdi.org> wrote:
Would this make the SimpleHttpRestApi obsolete, or would they co-exist at the same endpoint?

It's a great question. I've been thinking that they would co-exist at the same endpoint, but let's discuss on the call.

On the question of whether the messages should be just the pure query string, or an "xdi" query string parameter:
- First I felt that the pure query string option would be the more correct thing to do.
- Then I thought that this might cause conflicts with some _javascript_ libraries, but I did a few tests today (e.g. with the popular jQuery library), and I didn't find any problems.
- The query string parameter pattern is so common and I'm not sure if anyone is even still using query strings that don't have this pattern, so maybe that alone is a good reason why we should also do it that way.

So, not sure, let's discuss on the call..

Agreed on that too. I added both your questions to an open issues list at the bottom of the proposal page.

=Drummond