xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] ABNF pattern question - maybe for Joseph?

I would be curious about that as well, myself I don't know the answer.

It might just not be possible with certain parser implementations such as this left-recursive one.

One thing I might point out is that the online interactive version of APG is version 6.1, whereas the downloadable version is 6.3.
One case where this manifests is when you parse our XDI grammer, the interactive version of APG will say that some of the rules are "infinite", which is a bad thing.

Self-Recursive Attributes
RULE NAMELEFTNESTEDRIGHT EMPTYINFINITECYCLIC
attr-member-context xx xx
collection-contextx xx x
collection-inversex xx x
collection-rooted xx xx
local-inversex xx x

However, when I process the same ABNF with the downloadable 6.3 APG as opposed to the online interactive 6.1 one, it does NOT identify any "infinite" rules, and everything is fine.

So my point is, the online APG seems to be a bit buggy, but I don't think this changes anything about the effects we have observed.

Markus