xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] colon for values only?

Yes, I thought about that. But I personally was comfortable with it for one reason: unlike the other context symbols, colon is the only one that only appears alone, and only at the end of a literal statement. So even though it does have this very special role as a context symbol, to me it seemed okay for it to be allowed in the specialized ! and * syntax (where it is NOT a context symbol, just part of the identifier syntax).

However, if you feel strongly that we should use another character, since we can't change the character used in either IPv6 identifiers or for URI schemes, we should pick another character for the terminal literal. Not sure what would work best -- just not dot since it's a legal XDI identifier character. We could go back to the empty chevrons...

=Drummond (really going to bed now ;-)