xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Namespace delegation (was: Re: [xdi] Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2013-04-19)

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Chasen, Les <les.chasen@neustar.biz> wrote:
I don't have strong enough feelings to debate but i feel that things that are likely to be more common are more complex, syntactically.

Agreed.

It seems to me that having community namespaces will be common.  I don't think it will be common to classify those namespaces.

Under traditional non-semantic federated addressing, it's not even possible. Under semantic federated addressing, I believe it will be very common.

If les does exist under @neustar can he be referred to by both @neustar[+employee]*les and @neustar[*]*les.  I do have multiple classifications with Neustar.

Yes. See below for more.

If a client knows les exists under @neustar but does not know the class how does he resolve les?

One of the other key considerations about namespace delegation that Markus and I discussed is how XDI addressing architecture significantly flattens out namespaces because it encourage everything to move up to the top level, i.e., have a globally unique ID that can be discovered in many XDI contexts. That's part of what shared semantics is all about.

So the easiest way to discover "Les" in the context of Neustar will be if the client knows the public personal cloud name or number for Les and then searches for it in the context of Neustar. So if your public personal cloud name was =les and public personal cloud number was [=]!:uuid:f81d4fae-7dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e0001, the client could do discovery on either:
  1. @neustar=les
  2. @neustar[=]!:uuid:f81d4fae-7dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e0001
From that subgraph the client should be able to find out all public roles Les plays at Neustar, e.g.:
  • @neustar[=]!:uuid:f81d4fae-7dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e0001/$is/@neustar[+employee]!12345