xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Syntax updated on most major XDI TC wiki pages

I agree, the value of the literal should just be the native JSON type.

Markus

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Drummond Reed <drummond@connect.me> wrote:
Today I updated XDI syntax on most of our major wiki pages. The revised pages include:
I still have more work to do to bring other pages current, and then move to updating our Kavi docs, especially the XDI Graph Patterns doc.

I also had a good session on the ABNF with Joseph. He is going to be driving forward with completing an updated formal ABNF proposal and then the new serialization proposal(s).

One open issue I noted at the bottom of the page when updating https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/JSONSerializationRules. Now that we support JSON data types natively as XDI literals, the requirement to put all XDI objects inside JSON arrays seems outdated.

If we are going to continue to use it as one serialization format, I suggest that only contextual and relational statements should have JSON arrays as the value. This makes sense because they can have one or more XDI objects.

For literal statements, it seems easier and more intuitive to have the value be the native JSON data type, rather than forcing that data type to be inside an array which by definition will have just one element.

Thoughts?

=Drummond