xdi message

Subject: Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Friday 09:00 - 10:30AM PT 2013-04-26

XDI TC Agenda

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 26 April 2013 USA
Time:  09:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)

THE LINK TO THIS AGENDA AND LIVE MEETING MINUTES IS:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t5Mx0ITqJdLwo8wM5GD9lcqehgbgnrhk-k2sERwc7J0/edit

THE WEBEX INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS MEETING ARE:

1. Go to https://neustar.webex.com/neustar/j.php?ED=203186612&UID=1364257662&PW=NN2Y2NzAxZTVj&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D

2. If requested, enter your name and email address.

3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: 5474

4. Click "Join".

5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:

https://neustar.webex.com/neustar/j.php?ED=203186612&UID=1364257662&PW=NN2Y2NzAxZTVj&ORT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D

AGENDA

NEWS & UPDATES

UPDATES TO XDI TC WIKI PAGES

Drummond has updated roughly a dozen of the wiki pages with the new syntax, and also started archiving pages that are now outdated. You can view progress at:

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/RecentChanges

PRIORITIES FOR VRM + PERSONAL CLOUD DAY MONDAY MAY 6

This Internet Identity Workshop pre-meeting day will include a personal cloud developer intensive where we will be talking lots of XDI. Let’s discuss our priorities for what we want to show.

PRESENTATIONS/DISCUSSIONS

XDI $SET DEMO

Markus can show a demo of how the XDI2 server uses the $set operation to store XDI data in a remote cloud storage component and how this differs from $add and $mod.

ABNF

We’re not at a decision point yet but Joseph and Drummond will give an update on progress on the revised ABNF:

 https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiAbnf/Discussion (see the 2013-04-18 comment)

DECISION POINTS FOR THIS CALL

This week's decision queue is the following set of proposals:

JSON SERIALIZATION OPTIONS

Now that syntax revisions are done and the ABNF is in progress, the next major decision point is serialization. There have been four recent developments in this area.

First, on 2013-04-06 Joseph proposed a new type of JSON serialization based on a statement parse tree format:

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/JSONSerializationRules/Discussion (see Joseph Boyle 2013-04-06)

Second, this Drummond to propose a type of JSON serialization based on a representation of the XDI graph tree:

 https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/GraphTreeSerialization

Third, Drummond updated the XDI Display Format proposal to bring it current with the revised XDI syntax and also broke it into two variations:

  1. Single-line display format (strictly one line per XDI statement, no nesting).

  2. Double-line display format (one line for each unique subject/predicate pair, a second indented line for each object of that pair, nesting for inner graphs).

 https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiDisplayFormat

Fourth, Joseph has compiled an analysis of these different formats to help guide us in deciding which serialization formats it makes sense to pursue.

    https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/JSONSerializationRules/Discussion (see Joseph Boyle 2013-04-25)

DECISION POINT QUEUE REVIEW

The decision queue stack is shown on the following three auto-generated Category pages:

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryLastCall

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryCurrent

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryHighPriority

See also this list of proposals that need to be developed:

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiPendingIssues

NEXT CALL

The next call is next week at the regular time.