xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2013-05-03

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Joseph Boyle <planetwork@josephboyle.net> wrote:

I will make the top-level production statement-list instead of xdi-graph, since a statement list is only one way of serializing a graph, along with at least the graph tree serialization. We want to be able to think of graphs as graphs independent of serialization.

Good point.

I am going to genericize the Statement ABNF so that it can generate as many as possible of the serializations when paired with ABNF for the specific syntax of each serialization.

Good plan.

For the serializations that allow multiple objects per single subject/predicate, we need rules for statements with multiple objects. Drummond, could you let me know which of the statement types in the Statement ABNF allow multiple objects?

Contextual and relational statements (and their inverses) allow for multiple XDI objects. Literal statements allow only one XDI object.