xdi message

Subject: Fwd: Two new schema.org drafts: Civic Services, and Actions (v3)

I'd like to bring the following to our attention:
- There is a project (Hydra) for machine-processable description of APIs (or one might say, an API for APIs, or self-describing APIs)
- There is an example of JSON-LD below to familiarize ourselves with what that looks like.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Markus Lanthaler" <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: June 28, 2013 4:51:40 AM PDT
To: "'W3C Web Schemas Task Force'" <public-vocabs@w3.org>

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:47 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
Just posted,

http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/ActivityActions#Drafts
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/CivicServices#Draft_proposal

More on these to follow, but I wanted to share the links today.

I quickly reviewed the new draft and was a bit surprised to see that this version is just about completed actions. What's the plan (and timeframe) regarding ActionHandlers?

Last week I launched a W3C Community Group to involve more people in the development of Hydra. We haven't really started any work yet. You can join at any time at:

 http://www.w3.org/community/hydra/

Maybe we can incubate it there!?

Anyway, great to see the move away from the "sub-directory approach" to define custom actions.

There's a minor error in the  JSON-LD example on page 9. You either have to replace @vocab with @context or wrap it in a context ("@context": { "@vocab": "..." }).

Since everything else is in JSON-LD, you might also wanna use it for the RDF/XML example (which is invalid as well btw):

{
 "@context": {
   "@vocab": "http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#",
   "@language": "en",
   "domainOf": { "@reverse": "domain" }
 },
 "@id": "AddToQueueAction",
 "@type": "Class",
 "label": "Add To Netflix Queue",
 "comment": "The act of adding a movie to a netflix movie queue",
 "subClassOf": { "@id": "http://schema.org/AddAction" },
 "domainOf": [
   {
     "@id": "movie",