xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] RE: [External] Re: [xdi] A quick link contract riddle

Bill, yes, see the summary of the syntax at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/GraphModelStructure. This was the result of the syntax simplification effort that took most of the spring.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Barnhill, William [USA] <barnhill_william@bah.com> wrote:

Syntax question from the example…can XDI addresses have GT and LT signs in them now? Ex: =a*b<+c>&/&/"hello"

From: xdi@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xdi@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Drummond Reed
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:59 AM
To: Markus Sabadello
Cc: OASIS - XDI TC
Subject: [External] Re: [xdi] A quick link contract riddle

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Markus Sabadello <markus.sabadello@xdi.org> wrote:

I thought I'd share this with the list:

Let's say we have this graph:

 =a*b<+c>&/&/"hello"

 =a/+friend/=x

And this link contract in the same graph:

 $do/$get/=a*b

Now let's look at the following two messages:

Message 1:

 =sender[$msg]!1$do/$get/(=a/+friend/=x)

 =sender[$msg]!1/$do/$do

Message 2:

 =sender[$msg]!1$do/$get/(=a/()/*b)

 =sender[$msg]!1/$do/$do

Message 1 will obviously fail, because the link contract doesn't cover the requested statement.

Now my question is, will Message 2 fail or succeed? Anyone?

It should succeed. Reason: If the link contract authorizes the sender (which you didn't show any policy for) to get =a*b, then I believe it should authorize the sender to discover that =a has a subcontext *b. In otherwise, implicit context statements should be included in the authorization policy.

If it ends out being a security issue, I could see us adding a policy statement covering whether discovery of implicit statements is allowed under the link contract or not.

Is that what you are asking?

=Drummond