xdi message

Subject: Re: Next steps on spec drafting (cc Joseph and Markus)

I'll be at WordCampSF the next two days and probably can't make the Fri 9am Pacific telecon. (Please let me know any WordPress questions you have!)

Markus has checked starter files for each of the document formats into GitHub as a repository.
For example, to make a local repository with the OpenOffice drafts on your Mac or Linux and then hook it up to the GitHub repository:

git clone https://github.com/OASIS-XDI-Technical-Committee/xdi-spec-openoffice.git
git remote add github https://github.com/OASIS-XDI-Technical-Committee/xdi-spec-openoffice.git

Anyone who knows Git better, please correct me. Bolded is an arbitrary name you can choose to call the existing remote GitHub repository.

Or to get the DocBook file set:

The DITA files Bill set up earlier are in another repository.

From Sunday I will be checking out and drafting a draft of the first spec in one or more formats and testing whatever post-processing is needed.
I think you checkout with git checkout -b <branchname> where the branch name you create could be identifying a feature to work on or a phase or work.

Git should be able to do merges of separate branches of text documents; I don't know if this works with OpenOffice or not.