xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2013-08-02

XDI TC Minutes

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 02 August 2013 USA
Time:  09:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)

ATTENDING

Drummond Reed

Markus Sabadello

Joseph Boyle

Animesh Chowdhury

Les Chasen

GUEST

Andy Dale

REGRETS

Peter Davis

AGENDA

NEWS & UPDATES

ANDY DALE TO JOIN THE TC

Drummond introduced Andy Dale, whom many of the TC members already know from his previous involvement with XDI (he was a member of the TC for several years back in the early days). Drummond explained that Andy is joining Respect Network Corporation as VP Development and that it would be ideal if he would be able to join the TC.

# DRUMMOND to work on logistics for doing this.

PRESENTATIONS/DISCUSSIONS

SPEC TEMPLATE DISCUSSION

We had an update from Joseph and Markus on Docbook templates, Github, next steps, etc.

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiOneSpecs

https://github.com/OASIS-XDI-Technical-Committee

Markus checked files into Github last week in the multiple formats.

Markus tried two different editors -- Oxygen and XMLMind. Both worked reasonably well and both can do the stylesheet conversions.

Markus explained that OASIS didn’t give us pre-completed templates for DocBook, but they did for OpenOffice. So Markus customized the DocBook template.

There was a consensus to use the DocBook template.

Joseph and Drummond will proceed with the Core spec, starting by putting up an outline on the XDI TC wiki.

# DRUMMOND to post a first draft outline before the next meeting.

Drummond also noted that the Core spec will need visual graph models, and he has been working on some enhancements to our format based on the simplified syntax.

# DRUMMOND to propose enhancements to the visual graph notation.

Markus wants to go straight into the DocBook template. However he is on vacation for a week or so, so he won’t be able to do it until he gets back.

LINK CONTRACT INITIATION PATTERNS

We are seeing more use cases for creating relationships between XDI authorities that result in either one-way or bilateral link contracts. The most basic patterns for this do not need to involve negotiation, but just “initiation”. Drummond led a discussion about the initiation patterns that Respect Network is working on.

In this discussion, we started creating a sequence diagram using the websequencediagram.com online tool, however we ran out of time before we could get far enough to record something worthwhile for the minutes. So instead we assigned the following action items:

# ANIMESH and DRUMMOND to do sequence diagrams for the Alice->Bob (person-to-person) and Alice->Acme (person-to-business) scenarios where Alice is:

# DRUMMOND to put review of these link contract sequence diagrams on the agenda for next week’s meeting.

DECISION POINTS FOR THIS CALL

None this week.

DECISION POINT QUEUE REVIEW

The decision queue stack is shown on the following three auto-generated Category pages:

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryLastCall

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryCurrent

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryHighPriority

See also this list of proposals that need to be developed:

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiPendingIssues

NEXT CALL

Next week at the regular time.