xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] More example graph notation reflecting comments

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Joseph Boyle <planetwork@josephboyle.net> wrote:
What would you think of squares for the value context nodes? A rectangle is reminiscent of a UI text field that contains a value.

I personally like the symmetry of using only two shapes - circle and diamond. Secondly, I think the open shapes help reinforce that these are "end" nodes -- the open circle is a root (starting point in the graph) and the open diamond is a value (ending point in the graph). Thirdly, the diamond shape mimics the syntax for all attributes.