xdi message

Subject: crossref.org / xdi in libraries?

Hello X-men:

I came across this initiative and it made me think of XDI. Perhaps a similar or complimentary architecture and/or ideal scenario for use cases in the publishing/libraries sector...

http://crossref.org

This is a unique naming system for scholarly publishing, centred on a 'DOI' - Digital Object Identifier:

"The DOI serves as a persistent, actionable identifier for intellectual property online."

Ie sounds like link contracts..

--
Neil McEvoy
VP Business Development