xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Re: Article on Cloud Names and Numbers?

Also another question - Given the DNS-like role, would it make sense to therefore approach relevant organizations about adopting XDI?

For example here's Canada's body:

http://www.cira.ca

Neil.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@xdi.org> wrote:
Neil,

I apologize that none of us on the TC were able to answer your question in a more timely manner - as it happens we were all tied up in various holiday activities and I just returned from a week-long set of meetings related to XDI and the Respect Network (which as you know is XDI-based).

I just read your post and I think it's a good one. "Cloud names" and "cloud numbers" are indeed the market-friendly terms for reassignable and persistent XDI addresses as defined by the XDI Core spec

Had I been able to reply to your original message, I would have pointed to two resources that talk more specifically about cloud names/numbers:
  1. The Big Privacy paper, co-authored by Ontario Information and Privacy Commissioner Dr. Ann Cavoukian and myself and release on Dec 5th, has a section devoted to cloud names and cloud numbers.
  2. The Respect Network website has a page about Cloud Names.
Hope this helps,

=Drummond