xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2014-01-17

Hi Markus,
Sorry that some of us are missing the XDI call today :-)
I wanted to give you some feedback on part 2 of the tutorial which I saw from last week's minutes.
Overall, it looks good and is pretty easy to follow.
I have the following suggestions:

1) Use a larger font, the text is very small and there's lots of white space on the screen.
2) On step 3, in the narrative on the right, when you say the diagram has an "entity collection" add in parentheses the name of the node that is the collection *alice[+event] and perhaps comment that it is the [ and ] that indicate presence of a collection

Dan

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Markus Sabadello <markus.sabadello@xdi.org> wrote:

XDI TC Minutes

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 17 January 2014 USA
Time:  09:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)

ATTENDING

Drummond Reed
Les Chasen
Markus Sabadello
Phil Windley
Joseph Boyle

GUESTS

Andy Dale

AGENDA

NEWS & UPDATES

XDI Tutorial

Markus has completed Part 2 of the XDI Tutorial:

http://tutorial.xdi.org/

Drummond was ecstatic about seeing Part 2. His only feedback was for the diagrams to use the new notation format, which Markus had in fact done for Part 1.

PRESENTATIONS/DISCUSSIONS

Next Steps on Working Drafts

We will discuss the additions/corrections we want to make to produce XDI Core 1.0 Working Draft 02, including:

  • MIME types for serialization formats.

  • Formatting improvements.

  • Adding missing sections.

    • Equivalence Relations ($is, $ref, $rep)

    • Graph notation format

  • Improved Github merging process.

First, we talked about whether we can have a browser-ready version of the spec that can be referenced from the OASIS servers.

#JOSEPH will follow up with Chet to see if we can get a browser-ready version on OASIS servers.

We next discussed the division of the Equivalence Relations section between XDI Core and XDI Messaging. We agreed that the basic rules belong in XDI Core, and that the equivalence rules for operations belong in XDI Messaging.

We then discussed the graph notation format. Drummond said that he wants to include the information from the XDI graph model document front matter—he showed an example. There was consensus we should add this section. Joseph noted that we can include SVG graphics format.

#JOSEPH will review and make a recommendation about where the graph notation format definition section should go.

Drummond summarized that once we perform the action items above, we should be ready to publish Working Draft 02. Our goal should be to have Working Draft 02 be functionally complete.

The “Unauthorized $ref Problem” and “Unbounded $set Problem”

We have talked about these many times but not reached a definitive solution. Let’s review the approaches we have considered so far, with a special focus on the new authority-relative link contract patterns.

“Forwarding” of Messages by a Server

If the target peer root specified by a message does not match the peer root that is authoritative for the graph the message is sent to, the message can be “forwarded” to the authoritative server for the peer root. See the following two lines from the XdiMessagePatterns page:

#1:  FROM                  <--from-peer-->/$set/<--from-->[$msg]<--msg-id-->
#2:  TO                    <--from-->[$msg]<--msg-id-->/$is()/<--to-peer→

DECISION POINTS FOR THIS CALL

None scheduled.

DECISION POINT QUEUE REVIEW

The decision queue stack is shown on the following three auto-generated Category pages:

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryLastCall

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryCurrent

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CategoryHighPriority

See also this list of proposals that need to be developed:

  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiPendingIssues

NEXT CALL

The next call is next week at the regular time.