xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] The Great Symbol Swap

I like Andy's arguments very much and would support this approach.

Two more thoughts:
- Whether we do a "direct swap" or a "three way swap" doesn't make much difference in terms of work, so this shouldn't scare us.
- It occurred to me that maybe we can eliminate a symbol by using just a single symbol (i.e. !) for both ordered and unordered members of a collection. But then not all ! identifiers would be persistent anymore, so maybe that's not such a good idea after all.

Markus