OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xdi message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2014-04-18

XDI TC Minutes

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 18 April 2014 USA
Time:  09:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)


Les Chasen
Joseph Boyle
Phil Windley
Peter Davis
Drummond Reed
Markus Sabadello
Andy Dale
Will Martin
Animesh Chowdhury




Welcome to Andy Dale

We are pleased that Mr. Dale has returned to the TC after six years.


XDI Editor’s Subcommittee

The ballot closes today, please vote if you haven’t already:


The ballot has already passed and the Editor’s SC will be now be created.

# DRUMMOND to send notice to Chet Ensign.

Spec weekly scrum status report



Status previously:

Markus: All content of messaging spec is in the repository

Joseph: Will look at Markus’ messaging spec draft, Will revise Core spec (e.g. serialization)

Will: Discovery

Dan: Starting to plan out the Policy spec based on the wiki

Hubert: asked Joseph to share what he has with Messaging

Peter: preparing his proposal to pattern XDI signatures on JOSE

Les: dictionary

Drummond: review core. start dictionary


Status this week (to be filled out during the call):

Markus: no actions

Joseph: working on the Messaging spec; would like to talk to Hubert on Monday; still working on revisions on Core that Markus requested.

Will: started scanning Core and will be doing a review of Discovery so he can form list of key questions.

Dan: has produced an outline for the privacy mechanisms spec; has taken the link contract patterns and started working on them; the Policy spec is also moving forward. He also did  a symbol shift of the Graph Patterns Powerpoint.

Hubert: (same)

Peter: in process of restructuring XDI Signature that will cover both signatures and encryption; reviewing for other security action items; aiming to have first working draft for next week

Les: (on vacation this week)

Drummond: began reviewing Core for additional action items; noted the need to specify URL encoding rules for XDI addresses since there will no longer be an external to spec to reference. Other action item is to review Dan’s graph diagrams and get Joseph what he needs for core.

Use of Jira

Peter said that the easiest way to track specifications in Jira is to add them as project components.

We also need to add Peter as an administrator.

# MARKUS to contact Chet and find out what is required to get Peter set up as an administrator.

I-JSON and JSON Schema

Within the XDI2 project, the potential use of I-JSON and JSON Schema for the XDI/JSON serialization format has come up. Let’s discuss if this makes sense and how these two technologies fit in.

I-JSON has additional restrictions on JSON. One example is that keys within an object must be unique. That’s already a requirement of XDI, so that doesn’t add any new functionality.

I-JSON also restricts the formats of numbers to IEEE 754 64bit floating point numbers, which are supported by most programming languages (e.g. “Double” in Java). This is a harder call—there are arguments either way.

Thirdly, I-JSON also requires UTF-8 encoding.

Joseph suggested that we can mention that our JSON serialization encoding is I-JSON compatible but we may be more specific.

Will talked about JSON Schema, and noted that it’s been relatively stable.

Session Management in XDI

Markus explained that he has been modelling session management as part of the Respect Connect protocol.


The next call is next week at the regular time.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]